Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kudos!

Kudos to former Landings Golf Professional-turned-PGA Tour Professional Kris Blanks for his play this past week at the RBC Canadian Open.

Kris tied for 1st and lost in a playoff but had some great shots during the week. I'm sure he had a few shots that didn't turn out as expected either which leads me to my point that during play, golfers hit all kinds of shots that can still be great for scoring. Great golf doesn't have to have perfect shots.

In my former position, my famous line amongst my students and Girls Golf program was "It's the right shot, it just happened again at the wrong time". Even the best laid plans of mice and men (and golfers!) can go astray. Play golf and get the ball into the hole... it doesn't have to be perfect (hence the title of famed author/sports psychologist Dr. Bob Rotella's book Golf Is Not a Game of Perfect).

See if you can disassociate the quality of the shot from the result of the shot and notice what happens to your score when you are just trying to get it into the hole without any judgment on how it made it there... looking forward to your results. Have a nice time on the links!

No comments:

Post a Comment