Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'm Back!

Thank you to all members and staff for their well wishes during my medical leave. Back to light teaching this week and glad to be back! After having surgery and being on hold for golf swings for 4-6 weeks, it's a good reminder to let the body heal appropriately after such trauma. The most dangerous time is coming back is at the first signs of feeling better -- I would advise staying the course just a little longer in order to not risk re-injury. It takes time for stamina and strength to regain itself and the swing will certainly not be where you left off... it will take time to rebuild. 

I remember my senior year at Wake Forest University when I had sat out a tournament due to tendonitis in my left elbow and forearm. I thought it was rested enough to start practicing and ended up sitting out an extra two tournaments because I came back too early.

Take your time, stick to the small swings, use tees to alleviate ground impact and soon you'll be back in the swing of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment