Monday, May 14, 2012

{Safe} Fun in the Sun

The summer sun and heat are fast-approaching and I'm trying a new experiment.

Usually I wear Banana Boat SPF 100 but don't always have time to reapply. I still get a tan and I just don't like constantly putting all those chemicals on me. I have been trying various long-sleeve sun protection tops and am finding more and more on the market, happily enough. I'm also wearing longer pants more consistently (capris instead of shorts or skorts). I've ordered some arm sleeves but haven't found a set yet that stays up well enough. My next step is to move into wearing bucket hats (but I'll need to cut out a ponytail hole!) that protect the neck, ears, top of the head (where sun can still get to the scalp) and face.

If you want to cover up instead of applying sunscreen to your extremities all the time, Plantation Golf Shop has an excellent new line called Sans Soleil (I have several tops coming in). I also have some PING Ranger tops I wear over my sleeveless (Marshwood Golf Shop carries PING) and then found some great Callaway long-sleeve tops with the thumb holes so I can cover the back of my hand (Deer Creek carries Callaway).

There are also some great websites with sun protection clothing (pants, tops, hats, neck, etc) that are worth noting -- http://www.sunprecautions.com/ and http://www.coolibar.com/. There are probably others out there but these are two I like to start with.

Stay safe in the sun... the damage doesn't show up until later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment