Monday, January 17, 2011

How Are Your Grips?

It's a great time to check in on your golf equipment--warmer weather will soon be here (please hurry!).

This blog was prompted by my recent observations of golfer's grips on their clubs. I've noticed many that are very slippery and shiny, so time to change those out. If they are worn, that can cause a golfer to squeeze tighter so the club won't fly out of the hands. Pressure is something we definitely don't want in a swing and I'd rather the ball fly farther than the club! Please have the staff at Oakridge check your club grips for a fresh start to the 2011 spring golf season. You may want to have them also check the loft and lie angles on your irons.

Did you know that even 1 or 2 degrees difference in the angle of the club head can make your golf ball go right or left more than you want?

I'm going to inventory my equipment in the next few weeks and see what needs to be replaced, changed or updated, including my rule book and local rule sheet, worn towel and gloves, golf balls and more. I'm encouraging spring with some spring cleaning!

Feel free to email any inquiries to me (nicole.weller@landingsclub.com) about your equipment or stop in and check with the Golf Professionals.

We trust that our cars will perform well when we accelerate and brake, so the same holds true for the performance of our golf equipment!

No comments:

Post a Comment