Wednesday, January 26, 2011

PGA Show -- Day 4

Thursday was the first day of the PGA Merchandise Show. Many other Landings Golf Professionals are on site as well, looking into new products that will work well at The Landings for membership.

My day started out with a very informative LPGA T&CP workshop from 8-12 with Sea Island gurus Mike Shannon and Gale Peterson. I spent the afternoon walking the many isles of the Show and running into colleagues, some members and making new acquaintances.

My interests lie mostly in product for junior golf programs and instructional learning aids but I also toured some attire booths and other product. Many of our pros also looked at range, attire, tournament, range finder, shoe and teaching equipment. There were lots of areas for shoe analysis (Happy Feet) and massage for those tired feet and shoulders!

I also met with a rep from Tagteach, which I'll be using in my teaching. Friday is a busy day and I'll be walking the show for booths I didn't fit in Thursday (Eyeline Golf, Golf Around the World, SNAG...). Also taping some tips for Golf Digest and receiving the US Kids Golf Top 50 Award before heading back to Savannah with Ty for Saturday lessons. I wasn't able to upload my videos and photos to our communications department but will get that footage to them so it can be posted for you to see the experience first-hand! I hope you enjoyed the commentary and thoughts from what goes on during a typical PGA Merchandise Show week!

No comments:

Post a Comment