Wednesday, January 26, 2011

PGA Show -- Day 5

Friday was an incredibly busy day at the PGA Show. All the Landings professionals were busy with various meetings.

I stopped by the PGA business area (a special area for all PGA members to relax, eat, meet, check email and network) to coordinate schedules with Ty after a very interesting video shoot with Golf Digest. They had some of the 2010 'Best Young Teachers' shooting tips for the magazine.

From the time I entered to the time I left, it was roughly 1.5 hours. A make-up artist worked on my hair and make-up and they had various clubs from each teacher's staff for use. I did a series of still poses and then ran through my 2 tips with a total of about 8 re-takes due to noise or movement or wording or completely blanking out on words!

My tips were "How to Fix a Toe Shot" and "How to Fix a Heel Shot". I listened to and met 4 other pros who had gone before me or were going after me. Everyone was so nice and encouraging!

The mid-afternoon saw me at many teaching aid booths (lots of putting and swing aids, new inventions, fitness, video/3-D tech equipment) and Ty and I met Nancy Lopez - she's SO nice! We wrapped up with the US Kids Top 50 Best Teachers. I sat next to Suzy Whaley, who was so funny and down-to-earth.

It was a great week of networking, learning and being involved with the golf industry!

No comments:

Post a Comment